2016 CommonWealth Scholarship in the United Kingdom
This scholarship is given to the Indian students for Master’s and Doctoral degree programs from September/October 2016. Applications need to be done by 08-10-2015 through Ministry of Human Resource Development till 3:00 PM or through CSC’s Electronic Application System by 19-11-2015.
- Age of the candidate must not be more than 40 years(as on 08-10-2015)
- Applications of the students already residing in abroad are not accepted.
- Students who have already been abroad can apply only if they have been in India for at least two successive years after returning from abroad.
- For Master’s Degree :
- The student must hold Bachelor’s Degree by October 2016
- Must have at least 60% in Humanities and Social Science and 65% in Engineering and Technology, Science and Agriculture fields.
- For Ph.D. Degree:
- The student must hold Master’s Degree by October 2016
- Must have at least 60% in Humanities and Social Science and 65% in Engineering And Technology, Science and Agriculture groups.
POINTS TO BE NOTED:
- Student must have completed their education in English medium and provide its evidence
- The nominated students are required to take the IELTS after 1st October 2015 and before 6th March 2016
DESCRIPTION ABOUT SCHOLARSHIP:
- Scholarship includes the airfare to UK and return at the end of the award
- Tuition and Examination fees
- Living expenses £ 1034 per month or £ 1268 per month for Universities in London metropolitan area.
- Warm Clothing allowance
- Study travel grant
- Field work grant and mid-term visit airfare for visit to home country for Ph.D. scholars
- If scholarship is of at least 18 months, Spouse and child allowance of £ 222 each is also provided. For second and third child under age of 16, £ 109 per month is provided.
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for the interview and the nomination would be made based on the merit. The nomination will be sent to Commonwealth Scholarship Commission for the final selection.